Contact Us to Develop Your Responsible Sourcing Roadmap
Contact Us for Animal Welfare Messaging
Headquartered in Chicago, we are an Animal Welfare Consultancy with a global reach that leads food companies in making animal welfare sourcing improvements. Sustainable Solutions Group has advised Kroger, Target, Whole Foods, Sprouts Farmers Markets, Harris Teeter, Starbucks, PF Chang’s, Chipotle, Dunkin’ Brands, Sonic, Dairy Queen, McDonald’s, Compass Group, Unilever, Grupo Bimbo, Organic Valley, and more.
- We facilitate pragmatic Animal Welfare & Antibiotics Policy Development while being careful to satisfy all stakeholders.
- We offer a Meat, Dairy, & Egg Animal Welfare Sourcing Assessment to measure current state of animal welfare and growth hormones in your supply chain and provide a formal report of recommendations.
- Our Pre-Crisis Planning & Audit Evaluation guides you to understand demands made by customers and animal advocacy groups to minimize the risk of being a target.
- We specialize in Group Facilitation & Executive Coaching. We are not consultants that facilitate. We are experts in Group Facilitation.
- Through Responsible Sourcing Strategic Planning we facilitate a Crawl-Walk-Run approach with actionable steps to earn Millennial loyalty to your brand’s value equation. Measured animal welfare criteria, such as cage-free eggs and gestation crate-free pork, need to appear in your sustainable food strategy and in your sustainability reporting.
Consumers are Demanding High Animal Welfare
According to the global 2016 Business Benchmark for Animal Welfare (BBFAW) report, “animal welfare is now serious business rather than a niche option. Animal welfare has shot up the priority list for food companies but reporting remains “relatively underdeveloped.” Consumer and political pressure has pushed standards up beyond the niche, premium brands.”
Measured animal welfare criteria need to appear in your sustainable food strategy and in your sustainability reporting. You need to have a complete picture of animal welfare conditions in your supply chain.
Cage-free eggs, gestation crates, growth hormones, piglet thumping, day-old male chicks being ground alive, fast-growing broiler chickens, castration without pain relief, lame dairy cows, and chickens scalded alive are just some of the animal welfare issues animal advocacy groups are bringing to light and there will be more in the coming years. Your customers are and will be seeing painful images of these issues on social media videos.
We use a results-based approach to guide companies to build brand equity and attract the best talent. Contact us to find out more.